Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Jazz in the Woods a FREE event? YES.
- Are tickets required for admittance? NO.
- What is the Jazz in the Woods Admittance and Alcohol Policy? Click Here
- What type of music will be at the event? Jazz In The Woods offers a variety of music every year. In the past, we have had Traditional Jazz, Ragtime, Zydeco, Fusion Jazz, Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz, Blues, Latin Jazz just to give you an example. We hope you will come out and experience our event.
- Are children welcome? YES, this is a family event. Kids Pavilion area sponsored by ALENCO HOME IMPROVEMENT! Includes children's crafts, face painting by Sister Act Face Painting and inflatables provided by Action Inflatables!
- Who organizes Jazz in the Woods? The Overland Park South Rotary Club.
- Can we bring a cooler? Food and beverages (including alcohol) will be available for purchase at the festival. NO FOOD OR DRINKS, PETS OR OUTDOOR FLAME IS ALLOWED AT THE EVENT. This updated policy will be enforced for 2013.
- What is Jazz in the Woods? An annual Jazz and music festival to raise money for local children's charities..
- When & Where is Jazz in the Woods? June 14 & June 15, 2013 at Corporate Woods in Overland Park, KS. Click for Map
- What time does the festival start? On Friday night the jazz talent starts at 6:30 PM and goes to 11:00 PM. On Saturday night the jazz talent starts at 5:45 PM and goes to 11:00 PM.
- Is there food at Jazz in the Woods? Yes, several food and beverage vendors participateduring the event.
- What kind of seating is available at Jazz in the Woods? Open seating on the grass, so bring blankets and lawn chairs. There are no bleachers or benches supplied by the festival.
- Can I bring my pet to Jazz in the Woods? No.
- Can I bring a tent? No.
- Can I bring my RV or camp at Jazz in the Woods? No, camping facilities are not available.
- Can we bring BBQ grills? No. BBQ Grills and any other type of outdoor cooking device on Corporate Woods Grounds or in Founders Park is strictly prohibited. BBQ grills in the park area pose a safety hazard and fire hazard for all participants. Please help keep this event safe by leaving your grill at home. There are a variety of food vendors to choose from.
- Where do I park? Parking is free and several parking lots are available near in Corporate Woods. Click for Map
- What if I want to make a contribution? Jazz In The Woods, Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Contributions are always welcome and can be mailed to : Jazz In The Woods, PO Box 27075, Overland Park, KS 66225
Note From the Chair:
This upcoming June, we will be celebrating the 25th Anniversay of our Jazz in the Woods festival and we're excited for you to join us! Overland South Rotary Club lives up to the Rotary motto of "Service Above Self," and organizing Jazz in the Woods is a significant undertaking that does just that. It's truly noteworthy that this Rotary club of less than 100 professionals has worked faithfully each year for 25 years to bring a FREE music festival to the residents of the KC Metro area.
Jazz in the Woods does more than bring the midwest's largest free music festival to the thousands of visitors to our area. Due to the tremendous efforts of the volunteers and the generosity of our sponsers, 100% of our profits are donated to charities each year. We are grateful to all you have been a part of this event that has raised over $1,000,000 for local charities in our 25 year history.
Consider being an active participant in whatever way you can. Becoming a volunteer, committing to a corporate sponsorship, becoming a Rotary member, or attending the festival all play a vital role in the success of this event. As participation increases financial support increases, which means we are able to give more to our charities. As you consider your participation at our annual event, spend time on our web site to learn more about Jazz in the Woods. Please also consider following us on Facebook by becoming a fan of Jazz in the Woods and the Overland Park South Rotary pages. If I can answer any questions you may have, please contact me personally.
Jazz In The Woods Chair 2014